Get Your Startup India Registration
While we call you, get some insights into what you are getting into.
At BizSetupGlobal, we provide comprehensive accounting and compliance services designed to empower firms like yours to thrive and succeed.
What is Startup India Registration?
Startup India Registration was established by the Government of India and is overseen by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. Aimed at bolstering the Indian economy and encouraging entrepreneurship, the Stand-up India programme works to elevate and expand Indian startups.
It offers several advantages, including –
What makes you a Startup under the Startup India Program?
3 Layers Of Startup India Certificate Recognition
Issuance Of Startup India Certificate
After assessing the unique business process and other eligibility criteria, DPIIT awards a Startup India certificate to the newly incorporated company upon receipt of an application.
Angel Tax Exemption On Equity Investment
If a startup is further approved by the Inter-Ministerial Board, an investment made on the premium by investors is exempt from tax under section 56(2)(viib) of the Income Tax Ac 1961.t.
This exemption is effective until the startup’s paid-up share capital plus share premium does not reach ₹25 crore.
A startup must make a Form-2 declaration with DIPP to qualify for angel tax exemption.
Income Tax Exemption
The startup will receive a three-year tax break out of a ten-year term.
Startups must file a separate application under Form-1 for income tax exemption under Section 80-IAC, and the Income Tax authority must grant or deny the application.
This application can only be submitted when a Startup India Certificate has been issued.
The Validity Of Startup India Certificate
An entity ceases to be a Startup after ten  years from the date of incorporation/registration OR if its preceding year’s turnover reaches one hundred  crore rupees. Whichever comes first.
Startup India Certificate Verification
When you apply for Startup India Registration, you will be given an acknowledgement receipt number (ARN) that will allow you to track the status of your certificate. You can download your Startup India certificate once your application has been processed successfully.
Startup India Certificate Benefits
Tax Exemption U/S 80 IC
After being recognised under the Startup India scheme, you may claim tax exemption under Section 80 IAC of the Income Tax Act.
During the first 10 years of starting eligibility, a startup can take advantage of a tax holiday for 3 consecutive fiscal years.
Application Criteria for 80IAC Tax Exemption:
- It must be a well-known startup.
- Only private limited companies or limited liability partnerships are eligible.
- Must be formed on or after April 1, 2016.
Angel Tax Exemption U/S 56
After registering with Startup India, you can apply for an Angel Tax Exemption.
Criteria for Angel Tax Exemption Under Section 56 of the Income Tax Act of 1961:
- The company must be a DPIIT-approved startup.
- After the proposed share issue, the total amount of paid-up share capital and share premium must not exceed ₹25 Crore.
Self-Compliance For Labour Laws
Startups can self-assess their compliance with employment laws, and there will be no inspections or physical visits by public officers for the first 3 years. Startups can self-certify per the 6 labour rules listed below using the Startup India platform.
- Inter-State Migrant Worker Statutes.
- Gratuity Regulations.
- Laws Concerning Provident Funds.
- State Insurance Laws for Employees Other Constructions Labour regulations.
- Contract Labour Regulations.
Our expertise can assist you with self-certifying compliance with labour legislation.
Trademark, Patent, IPR Related Exemption
With a Startup India certificate, entrepreneurs can receive support in applying for intellectual property rights such as trademark, patent, and copyright registration.
Recognised startups are eligible for the following IPR benefits:
- Startup patent applications will be expedited with an 80% government fee reimbursement.
- A panel of facilitators will help with IP applications.
- Refund for filing a trademark application.
Funding Opportunities & Other Government Schemes
Startups registered under the Startup India scheme can apply for funding through a variety of government or semi-government-aided schemes, including:
Venture Capital Assistance Scheme:
The Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) provides an interest-free loan to projects that fall short of the capital requirements for project completion under this plan.
Support to MSMEs for International Patent Protection in Electronics and IT:
Stand Up India Scheme bank loans ranging from 10 lakh to 1 crore to at least one SC/ST borrower and one women-owned firm per bank branch.
Single Point Registration Scheme (SPRS)
NSIC registers MSEs for participation in Government Purchases under the SPRS scheme.
Easier Norms On GeM Portal
The Government e-Marketplace [GeM] is a public procurement e-commerce portal. Private sellers, including startups, can sell to government purchasers and participate in government e-tenders.
Register as a seller on the government e-Marketplace, also known as the GeM portal.
A registered startup has advantages over other private sellers. GeM Startup Runway Scheme is a different scheme that was launched for a startup.
Startups participating in the Gem Startup Runway scheme are eligible for exemptions from the following:
- Previous Turnover
- Previous Work Experience
- Earnest Cash Deposit
- Minimum government tender criteria
Easy Winding Up Of Company
Startups registered under the Startup India scheme can use the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, to wind up the firm within 90 days if the startup business model fails.
Startup India Registration Process
- Please provide the required business details and information to our web portal.
- Choose a package and pay online with different payment modes available.
- When placing an order, the Startup India application will be assigned to one of our dedicated professionals.
- Our professionals shall carefully examine the criteria of startup recognition and apply.
- Our professionals follow up with the government department to issue the Startup India Certificate.
- A Startup India Registration certificate shall be provided to you on successful examination.
Document Required For Startup India Certificate
- Evidence of Business Registration: The company’s certificate of incorporation or registered partnership deed.
- Brief on Business notion necessitates a brief description of your business’s creative idea.
- Details about the core team of directors, such as their qualifications and role in the organisation, are necessary.
- Other pertinent information includes any money received, any IPR used, and the number of workers, including founders and their positions.
Here's What You Need To Do
Fill the Form
Fill out the above form to get started.
No additional compliance in most cases
Our Expert Will Start Process
Our expert will connect with you & advise on documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Queries, Our Answers
A letter of support is a document that must be submitted with the enrolment form for Startup-India Registration if you wish to avail the tax exemption.
Any of the below can be submitted as a letter of support:
- A proposal for the innovative nature of the business from an Incubator OR
- A letter of help by an incubator, which is financed (in connection to the task) by the Government of India as a major aspect of any predetermined plan to advance development; OR
- A letter of support concerning the innovative nature of the business from an Incubator, perceived by the Government of India in DIPP, indicated design; OR
- A letter of subsidising of at the very least 20% in value by any Incubation Fund/Angel Fund/Private Equity Fund/Accelerator/Angel Network appropriately enlisted with SEBI that embraces the inventive nature of the business OR
- A letter of financing by the Government of India or any State Government as a major aspect of any predefined plan to advance development; OR
- A patent registration is recorded and distributed in the Journal by the Indian Patent Office in zones associated with advanced business.
The following are needed to be furnished as proof of business existence:-
- Certificate of Company Incorporation.
- Udyog Aadhaar certificate, aka MSME registration.
BizSetupGlobal is an online platform serving India, no matter where you are doing business. All you need is an internet connection on your mobile or desktop, and we are ready to get your job done.
No, You don’t need to be physically present for the process. BizSetupGlobal is an online catering platform. All you need is an internet connection in your phone/computer and the required documents with you, and we can get the job done no matter whether you are at the remotest location in India.