Get Your Online PF Registration
While we call you, get some insights into what you are getting into.
At BizSetupGlobal, we provide comprehensive accounting and compliance services designed to empower firms like yours to thrive and succeed.
Must Know Facts about PF Registration
Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a social security scheme that allows employees to save a small portion of their earnings for future benefits.
Every company is required to provide its employees with an EPF online, which is similar to a retirement fund. The Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act of 1952 governs online PF registration.
For organisations with more than 20 employees, the EPF registration process is required.
Companies can obtain employee PF registration in three simple steps:
- Free consultation and form completion.
- Contact a specialised affiliate for data validation.
- PF online number receipt.
Benefits of EPF Registration
In addition to the employee’s contribution to EPF, the employer contributes an equal amount that includes Employee Pension Scheme (EPS). As a result, EPF Registration saves you a substantial pension.
Cover of Risk
In the event of an employee’s illness, death, or retirement, EPF registration online assists the employee’s dependents by covering the financial risks they face in such situations.
Single Account/one EPF Account
When changing jobs, the PF online account can be transferred. Using a Universal Account Number (UAN) linked to Aadhar will facilitate the linking of previous accounts. Instead of being closed down, it can be transferred to the new employer. This consistency ensures that the rate of return is compounded over time.
Emergencies are unavoidable at any point in life. The EPF amount can be extremely beneficial during mishaps, illnesses, weddings, and educational expenses. Employees may submit claims online.
Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
Anyone with a PF online account is eligible for this insurance scheme, which requires only a 0.5% salary deduction as a premium.
The PF account can be extremely helpful for long-term goals like buying a property or setting up a fund for children.
Checking the EPF balance
Members registered with the UAN portal can obtain information from the Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) by dialling 011-22901406 from their registered mobile number. Suppose a member’s UAN is linked to a bank account number, a PAN card, or an Aadhar number. The member can easily obtain the PF registration online application and previous contribution details in that case. Activated UAN members can find out their previous EPFO balance and PF contribution by sending an SMS from their registered mobile to 7738299899.
- Step 1: Employees can visit the official EPFO website at UAN to activate their UAN online
- Step 2: Fill up all the required fields, including UAN, Member ID, Aadhar number, PAN number, etc.
- Step 3: Next, enter your information (name, address, and phone number) and complete the form by typing the captcha that appears on the screen.
- Step 4: The employee will receive an OTP on his mobile device after filling up these credentials.
- Step 5: Validate the OTP and activate the UAN.
Eligibility for Provident Fund Registration for Indian Employers
Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is the primary way for employees in India to save for retirement. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) manages it. The Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, sets out who can join:
- Provident Fund (PF) registration is mandatory for all businesses or organisations that employ 20 or more people.
- If a business or organisation employs at most 20 people, it may still need to register for PF if specified by a central government notification.
- Employees who earn less than ₹15,000 per month must join the EPF and make regular contributions.
- Employees who earn more than ₹15,000 per month at the time of joining are not required to make PF contributions. Yet, they can still opt to join the EPF and make contributions with the agreement of the employer and the Assistant PF Commissioner.
Details for PF Registration
- Name & address of your company.
- Head office & branch details.
- Date of company incorporation.
- Total employee strength.
- Type of business activity.
- Nature of business.
- Director/partners’ details.
- Employee’s Basic details.
- Employees’ salary details.
- Bank account details of the company.
- PAN card.
Documents Required for PF Registration Online
Any business that wishes to apply for PF registration online needs to submit the following mandatory documents:
- PAN card of establishment.
- Certificate of incorporation.
- Cross cancelled cheque of establishment.
- Address proof that is in the name of the establishment. It can be:
- Rent agreement
- Telephone bill
- Specimen signature of directors and authorised signatories.
- DSC registration of the accepted applicant.
- In the case of voluntary registration, the consent of the majority of employees.
In some entities, the underlying may also be needed:
- First sale bill.
- First purchase bill of raw material and machinery.
- GST registration certificate.
- Bankers details.
- Record of a monthly employee strength.
- Register of salary and wages.
You need to collect the mandatory documents and send us a copy of each document. We cover everything from filing the form to verification processes and legal formalities!
EPF Registration Online Process for Employers
- Collect relevant employee data and documents.
- Establishment Registered with EPFO Online Registration.
- Register the DSC (digital signature certificate) of the employer.
- Fill out the application with all employer details.
- Submit verified form.
- Get a PF registration certificate & Universal Account Number [UAN].
Mandatory Compliances - PF Registration
Contribution Rate - EPF Registration
The rate of contribution is the amount of contribution that varies according to how many employees are working in the establishment:
For establishments employing personnel aged 20 or over
A maximum of 12% of the employee’s salary (basic wages plus overtime pay) may be contributed by both the employer and the employee of such an establishment.
For establishments hiring less than 20 workers
- These establishments shall contribute at the rate of 10% of the employee’s basic salary, up to a maximum of 12%.
- A business with up to 10 employees that registers voluntarily with EPFO.
- Any business that lost money the previous year.
- Other businesses, including a brick factory, a jute plant, a beedi factory, etc.
How Much Penalty Is Prescribed for the Employer’s Delay?
Period of Delay
Rate of Penalty Imposed (p.a.)
Up to 2 months.
5 per cent
2 to 4 months
10 per cent
4 to 6 months
15 per cent
Beyond 6 months
- The employee share, pension contribution, and EDLI contribution are rounded to the nearest rupee for each employee.
- The employer share is the sum of the employee share and the pension contribution.
- The minimum monthly contribution for the EPF administration costs is ₹500, which is rounded up.
- The institution shall be subject to a minimum administrative fee of ₹75 if there are no members throughout the month.
- A minimum payment of ₹200 is required under the EDLI administrative charges, and the monthly payment amount is rounded to the next rupee.
- If the establishment doesn’t have a member during the month, a minimum administrative fee of ₹25 is due.
- If the establishment is exempt from the PF system, the admin fees would be replaced by inspection fees of 0.18% (minimum ₹5)
- if the establishment qualifies for the EDLI plan exemption. Administrative fees can be replaced by inspection fees, which must be at least ₹1 @ 0.005%.
Due Date for PF Filing
Before paying the employees’ salaries, the employer must deduct the employee’s contribution. The EPFO will, after that, receive both the employer share and the employee half within 15 days of the end of each month.
The PF Registration is exceptional in terms of returns from a debt instrument. A sovereign guarantees the currency, and the interest is tax-free. The PF has EEE (exempt, exempt, exempt) status since contributions are tax-deductible from income.
Debt securities with such large yields and solid safety and reliability are uncommon. Hence, it is best to relocate the PF account while changing jobs to lessen the temptation to withdraw money.
Important Points of Provident Fund (PF) Registration
When it comes to PF registration, the following three aspects have to be followed for sure:
Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3:
Simply fill out the form to get started.
Make a secure payment. No additional compliance in most cases
Our expert will connect with you & advise on documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Queries, Our Answers
You can register for a PF account through the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) official website.
Yes, if a private limited company employs 20 or more people, it must register for PF.
The employer's PAN (Permanent Account Number) is required for PF registration.
You need a PF account to have a secure retirement savings plan. PF is a tool that helps employees save a portion of their monthly salary for retirement.
The EPF registration process enables employees to contribute a portion of their salary towards their pension. This accumulated amount can be withdrawn at retirement, providing a source of income for the employee in their later years.
With EPFO, PF registration must be completed. On the website, EPF registration can be completed electronically.
Workers who earn less than ₹15,000 per month are required for EPF registration, and those who make more than that amount must obtain permission to join from the assistant PF commissioner.
If an employee does not wish to be enrolled for PF, they can indicate this on Form 11 when they first joined the company. The employee may also send the employer a letter requesting a withdrawal from the provident fund system.
A company must register for PF if it has more than 20 employees. The Central Government may require employers with less than 20 employees to make EPF contributions by giving them two months' notice.
Everyone who receives a salary is eligible for the EPF. Additionally, enrolling in the EPF is required of all employees making less than ₹15,000 per year.
Only contributions of up to 2.5 lakh per year remain tax-free for interest on employee EPF payments. A yearly tax is levied against the employee for interest on contributions exceeding 2.5 lakh.