Get Your ESI Registration
While we call you, get some insights into what you are getting into.
At BizSetupGlobal, we provide comprehensive accounting and compliance services designed to empower firms like yours to thrive and succeed.
Must Know Facts about ESI Registration
- Employee State Insurance or ESI is a scheme commenced by the Government of India to offer workers medical, monetary, and other advantages. An autonomous authority manages ESI – Employee State Insurance Corporation – which lies under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- By law, any company with more than 10 employees must have ESI. In some states, the number of employees is 20. The insurance is deducted from their pay for employees earning more than ₹21,000 per month, including basic salaries and dearness allowance.
- Also, taxpayers with a turnover of less than ₹1.5 crore can opt for the composition scheme to eliminate tedious GST formalities and pay GST at a fixed turnover rate.
Benefits of ESI Registration
ESI Registration Online Process
When you choose BizSetupGlobal for ESI New Registration, we complete it in three simple steps that take the minimum possible time.
1. Form Filling
The ESI Online Registration form is filled by you completely, and the necessary documents are submitted
Every detail you provide is cross-checked to ensure everything runs smoothly and smoothly. This may take a maximum of 12 days.
‘ESI registration’ with ‘ESI application’, within ‘The ESI registration’ along with other legal paperwork is submitted by us, which requires 2 working days.
Your part of the ESI Online Registration is completed at this point. The government reviews the application and processes your registration. Once granted, BizSetupGlobal sends you the following:
- The 17-digit identification code number.
- Employee insurance number.
- Temporary identity card.
Eligibility for ESI Registration in India
The general rule is that you must have 10 or more employees to be eligible for (Employees’ State Insurance) ESI registration. However, in some areas, ESI is only applicable if there are more than 20 employees.
Other eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled are:
- Any employee whose gross salary is up to ₹21,000 per month can avail of this with the employer’s help.
- Establishment registered with EPFO.
- The contribution to ESI is 6.5% of the gross salary. It is divided as:
- 4.75% by the employer.
- 1.75% by the employee.
- All employees with a salary of less than ₹21,000 must have ESI in industrial units where there is a risk of injury or health issues occurring on the business premises.
Documents Required for Online ESI Registration
To register for ESI, the employer has to submit the following documents along with the application:
- The registration certificate or license issued by – Shops and Establishments/Factories Act(Required for ESI online registration)
- Address proof
- Rent receipt of the occupied premises, mentioning its capacity.
- Copy of PAN card.
- Copy of bank statement.
- Photocopy of the last building tax/property tax receipt.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association or Partnership Deed registration or Trust Deed registration – depending on the applying entity.
- Photocopy of Registration.
- Certificate of commencement of production.
- Registration No. of CST/ST/GST.
Note: For ESI filings, a monthly pay sheet is required to compute each employee’s contribution amount.
Compliances After ESI Registration
Returns To Be Filed After ESI Registration
ESI returns need to be submitted biannually after ESI registration. To file these returns, the following documents are necessary:
- Employee attendance register.
- Form 6 Register
- Wages register
- Accidents register (for any incidents that may have occurred on the business premises)
- Monthly returns and challans.
Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3:
Simply fill out the form to get started.
Make a secure payment. No additional compliance in most cases
Our expert will connect with you & advise on documents.
Frequently Asked Questions